Welcome to our home!
If you want to take a quick video tour before the picture tour, it’s right here in my IG highlights. I’m so glad you’ve landed at this page to see our house. It was such a learning experience to remodel. I’m listing all the blogs, courses, books, podcasts, and products that have helped me create a home that serves our family and friends well year-round. Let’s dive in, but first … a tiny disclaimer!
Before we go further, I want to say: Thank you so much for reading & supporting my blog. I love to work from home & be creative and this blog gives me the flexibility to do all of that! In addition to the products I’ve created in my shop, one of the ways that I make an actual income from this blog is by using affiliate links. I choose to partner with brands or share products I enjoy with you. I earn a small commission from them, but it is a no extra cost to you. Win-Win! Anyway, I like to let you know up front so it doesn’t feel like a “hidden surprise” at the end of the post or, worse, not mentioned at all.
I really love this work & I’m delighted to recommend the products I find to you! Thanks so much for using my links & for letting me be your personal shopper.[Now, back to the post!]
Books, Blogs, Courses & Podcasts about Interior Design + Home Systems
- Book – The Nesting Place: It Doesn’t Have to Be Perfect to be Beautiful by The Nester: My friend Lucy found this book & the Nester way back in 2014 and I’ve been fangirl-ing ever since.
- Book – Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff by the Nester: Her second book, which I also love. Tons of pictures.
- Book – Homebody: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave by Joanna Gaines: My mom got this for me for a Christmas gift after we finished remodeling, I like this book because she describes and teaches about different types of styles of architecture/decor and how they blend (or don’t blend) together.
- Course – The Nester’s Spring Class Online: Love this class about how to transition your home from winter to spring without buying fake rabbits and cleaning until you quit and cry.
- Course + Facebook Community – The Nester’s Cozy Community: Love this course + community, it’s $10 a month. I’m not a member right now, but I was when we finished up remodeling & decorating. I would join again if we decided to work on a big project or began a remodeling process again.
- Blog – The Nesting Place by The Nester
- Podcast – The Lazy Genius Cleans the Kitchen: She talks in detail – with humor – about the correct order to clean up your kitchen after supper & introduces the concept of zones that I mention in my instagram story about how we function in our kitchen.
- Waterhog Rugs from LL Bean
- Flower curtain from Amazon – $17
- White Hat, Scarf, Gloves Dresser from Ikea – $199
- Plant Holder Rope, 6 set – $15
- Wicker-type baskets, set of two, similar from Amazon – $25
- Gray cloth desktop paper organizer, similar from Amazon – $30
- Galvanized Metal Wall Mounted Hanging Envelope for papers, similar from Amazon – $15
- White & silver key holder, similar from Amazon – $15
- Black plastic boot and shoe trays, similar from Amazon – $10
- Spicerack for inside of the door from Amazon – $10
- White ceramic french press + mug from Amazon – $50
- Small Coffee Grinder – $20
- White Wine Glasses from Amazon – $44
- Grease Splatter Screen from Amazon – $12
- Six piece set of glass food storage containers from Amazon – $20
- Four Slice Toaster from Amazon – $62
- White Butter Counter Dish + Lid + Knife from Amazon – $16
- Cereal Container, two pack – $17
- Wood Pepper Grinder – $13
- Undersink Door Organizer – $10
- Crockpots – $24
- Dustbuster – $43
- John’s favorite Tervis cup huge – $13
- Ninja Blender from Amazon – $99
- Bottle Parts Country Rack/Dryer Bamboo – $24
- Stackable Kid plates (similar) from Amazon – $18
- Le Creuset Kettle – $70
- Turkish Towels – $25
- Fiesta-ware dishes – Macy’s
- Hilarious toilet paper + phone holder from Amazon (similar) – $18
- Bronze Hand towel Rack – $18
- Bathroom gray rugs from Amazon – $40
- Fit Desk, Stationary Bike with desk from Amazon – $217
- Fit Desk, extenders for the desk from Amazon – $50
- 6-piece set of square Sterilite Laundry Baskets White from Amazon – $40
- Rocking Horse, The Treasure Chest in Lake Preston, SD – gift
- Tiny Indoor Trampoline with Safety Handlebar from Amazon, exact or similar – $60 approx.
- Trapeze Monkey Bars from Amazon – $30
Joslyn Shea’s Bedroom (5-Years-Old)