This is the “before” photo of our living room. We began tackling this room in early June. The room wasn’t always this messy, I took this photo mid-renovation of the dining room turned studio when everything had be shoved into the living room.We finally got all the furniture out. It was personal victory for me! It took a lot of convincing. Tearing out the carpet proved to be interesting. We found a layer of tar paper below the carpet and carpet pad. Anyone ever heard of that? We also found this “patch” which had served to cover up a small knot in the grain of the wood. Then, one night around 1:30 a.m., we finish ripping out the carpet and promptly burned all that stinky stuff. The next task was painting. Several friends helped me paint the trim and doors over a period of two months. We added paneling. This room wasn’t terribly hard to panel. It didn’t take more than a few afternoons and late nights. Ron had the wonderful idea to switch out the old air conditioner for a new, powerful one that he already owned. This is the new model, it was a great idea!If we had a window put in here – we would have a view of the outhouse. How nice!Here’s two sort of scary photos. This is what the inside of our house is made out of!
After paneling, we painted! This really “warmed” up the feeling of the room.The final step in our renovation was putting in new carpet. This was another 2 a.m. night! Boy, do I not miss those nights! I am so glad we are nearing the end of this project!
Next, I’ll share photos of decorating the living room. We were able to use wedding and shower gifts for most of our decorations, so it was a great time for me!
Another repair we need to do is driveway. I have already checked out at purlevel.com and arranged everything. They promised to finish asap.
Thanks for reading!